Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Look Back at our Holiday Season Pt. 3

'Tis the season to be jolly. Fa la la la la la la la la

Lexie wanted to help wrap gifts this year



And obviously couldn't wait to open some of her own and jump right in



Steve, Lexie, and I attended Christmas Mass- Lexie’s first one. (She was too young last year to attend, esp. since it had been raining). Suffice it to say, that Lexie would not sit still.
Case in point



After our rather eventful Vegas trip, it was nice to have a mellow family Christmas gathering at Mom & Dad’s house. I made this, this, and this; and if I must say so myself, they were rather good. You’ll just have to trust me on this;)





Post-meal: Stuffed, satisfied, and smiling







The kids played, and played, and played; while we adults enjoyed the wonders of Christmas through their eyes. Aaaaah, to be a child again.











Mom H helping to decorate Lexie's Christmas tree with some new ornaments on Christmas Day



Admiring her tree



Inspecting some of the things that Santa left in her stocking








I'm going to sign off with one of my all-time favorite Christmas quotes from one of my all-time favorite authors. Very relevant in these times.

"What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

No comments: