
Can you believe she's six months today? Already? We can't. I looked at some old ultrasound photos recently and I marvel at how that little blob in the photos is now this adorable little person who brings so much joy and laughter to our lives on a daily basis.
I cannot imagine life without her and I cannot remember life before her. Steve and I were remarking last night over dinner that it's funny how we never considered ourselves "selfish" pre-Lexie. We lived beneath our means. We didn't drive fancy cars. We didn't splurge on the latest plasma TVs or gadgets (our cell phones were the free ones from Verizon). We didn't go to fancy restaurants. But we were selfish, nonetheless. We liked to get up when we wanted. We liked to leave when we wanted. We liked to eat when we wanted. And yes, we did like to splurge on the rare occasion without thought of budgeting for diapers, wipes, Day Care costs, et al. Now all that has changed. And while there was definitely an adjustment period, Steve and I are loving being parents to this beautiful child.
I sometimes stare at her and wonder how we got so lucky. (Cue the chorus of "aaaaawwwws.")
Anyway, I will post more photos of her "Month-a-Day" later or tomorrow... or hopefully before she hits seven months;)


No comments:
Post a Comment