
She weighed in at 50%-ile for weight, and 75%-ile for height. I'm so relieved that she's gaining and growing proportionately, especially since she still takes only 100% breastmilk.
Aside from getting her measurements taken, she also got the second of her vaccinations. Like before, she tolerated the shots well - even when her Ped accidentally pricked a capillary, causing Lexie to bleed more than normal. Yes, my little girl is such a braveheart:)
The Ped and I discussed introducing Lexie to solids (when, what). She (and the other doctor before her) approved of giving Lexie rice cereal starting anytime from now to five months. However, after reading publications from a number of authoritative sources and discussing the subject with other mommies, I’ve decided to skip rice cereal all together and start Lexie on solids no earlier than six months. From what I understand, rice cereal doesn't really benefit the baby other than keeping her tummy full so that she sleeps longer at night. And that being the case, it really benefits Steve & me more so than her. But I'd willingly give up straight sleep if it meant that she’d have all the natural food (a la breast milk) she needed to decrease chances of any allergic reaction down the road.
Oh, one other fabulous thing… Lexie totally rocked tummy time in front of her Ped. She lay there just like the Sphinx presiding over her dominion. Absolutely adorable. Speaking of adorable, check out this phone camera picture of her while she was waiting for the nurse to take her measurements.


No comments:
Post a Comment