Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy 3rd MonthDay

Wow, can you believe Lexie turned 3mos on the 4th? Everyone keeps telling us how she's starting to take on a "little girl look" versus that of a newborn. I know! Even though I am with her 24/7, I realize that my baby girl is growing up so fast. Too fast. I see it in how she now fills out her 0-3 clothes, in how much more my back aches when I lift her, in how much more interactive she is becoming by the day.

Here are her achieved developmental milestones:

Behavioral milestones
She now smiles, giggles, coos, squeaks, and babbles quite regularly. Steve and I have frequent conversations with her in her "language," as well as in ours. Whenever I'm on the phone, she likes to join in the conversation and give her input. It's so enchanting.



Motor Skills milestones

She has also discovered her hands. For some time now, she's been able to swat at toys and even grasp them in her tight clutches. But now, she loves to stuff them in her mouth and suck on them. What I find so enchanting is when she's nursing, she places her little hands on my chest or clasped together. Too cute!










As for her leg movements, she's always had a very strong kick. We noticed this even at the hospital immediately after she was born. Thus, it's always been difficult changing her diapers and clothes. I'm not exaggerating when I say one arm is not enough to hold down her kicking legs.

Steve and I have also noticed that she's beginning to roll. It's not coordinated or very frequent yet, but she definitely is on her way to learning soon how to turn over.

Since we've been giving her regular tummy time, she's had much steadier head movement. Ever since she was born, she's had strong head control, but now her head bobbles less when we hold her. She can now even hold her head up 45-60 degrees while on the floor, 90 degrees with support from the Boppy.










She also is now able to turn her head in the direction of a sound. One of the activities I like to indulge in with her is to shake a rattle outside her peripheral vision so that she turns her head to the source of the noise. I find that she loves the clanging of rattles, as well the chiming of the portable chimes.

Another thing that we've noticed is that when we plop her up in a sitting position, she can stay in that same position for a few more seconds without toppling over. Long enough, at least, to snap an upright photo. LOL












To celebrate her Monthday and to take advantage of the beautiful weather before the imminent storms, I took her to the Americana.









We took a walk around the grounds and got some cupcakes from Crumbs. I was especially looking forward to trying the CA-version of Crumbs, since Steve and I loved the ones we got when we were in New York for Valentine's Day in 2007. Yuuuum!










I wish I had brought her stroller, because the Peanut Shell sling just wasn't comfortable for me or her after a while.













Before going home, we stopped at Steve's work so that Lexie could kiss her Daddy "Hi."

No comments: