Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Big Apple - Valentine's Day 2007

Wow, Steve really surprised me with an improptu trip to New York City. All he told me on Thursday night was to pack warmly and make sure I am home from work by 5p.m.
Before I could ask "where to?," we were driving to LAX and sitting in the American Airlines terminal waiting for a red eye flight to JFK.

When we arrived, we decided to use the cost-efficient means of getting into the city.... voila the subway. Needless to say, waiting outside in sub-freezing temperatures at 5 a.m. - after a cross country red eye flight- was not exactly exhilirating. In any case, we got to our hotel in the Financial District in time for breakfast.

Our stay consisted of LOTS of walking, LOTS of people-watching, taking in the city vibe, shopping, finding good eats (pricey and not-so-pricey), and of course, a show on Broadway. Steve surprised me with tickets to my all-time favorite muscial ever - "The Phantom of the Opera." yipppeeee....

Overall, the weekend went fast. We were exhausted by the time we arrived home. But wow, did I have alot to boast about when I got back to work on Monday;)







No comments: