Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Thank you for the baby gift my
dear and thoughtful friend.

And when I think of the joy of knowing
you
my gratitude has no end.


Saturday, the 20th was our coed baby shower held at Kuya's & Cindi's house/garden and hosted by Mom and Cindi. Steve and I had so much fun seeing and talking with everybody and opening everyone's generous gifts.

But who knew that a baby shower could be almost as stressful as planning a wedding?! Well, almost. And it all started because the Post Office "lost" the box of shower invitations that were supposed to go out 3 weeks before the party.

Steve and I were in Maui at the time that the invitations were supposed to arrive at Mom & Dad's house. So when they didn't arrive- and with no ETA from the Post Office- Mom called me to tell me the not-so-positive news. Suffice it to say that both she & I had to do some serious scrambling to send out the Save the Date emails. It is an understatement to say that we were both very aggravated with the Post Office.
In any case, the party came together thanks to Mom's diligence (and patience!) and some kind helping hands (you know who you are!). Most everybody whom we wanted there, showed! We were so happy. Alexandria (yes, we agreed on a name:) has so many goodies thanks to our wonderful family and friends - local and faraway. We've got most of her everyday needs, including her car seat and stroller, a mobile video monitor, bouncer, rocker, bottles, clothes, and enough gift cards to get her the co-sleeper (and more) for which we registered.

Thank you to all those who came, sent their best wishes, assisted in any way, and helped prepare us for Parenthood. Steve & I are so blessed.

Here are some photos that Vanessa took during the party. Dad has more photos of all the guests, so I'm still waiting for those.

Party prep/details:



Some Friends/Guests (still need to get the rest of the photos from Dad's camera):
Let them eat cake!
Loved the all the gifts!
Gifts Galore!

2 comments:

sherthebear said...

oh what fun. Sorry about the probs with the Post Office. The pancit and lumpia look soooo good.

Unknown said...

Wow! Congrats! I didn't even know!