Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy E-Anniversary to Us + BabyLand Tour

"To the woman who is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. Love, Steve"

Today marks the anniversary that Steve proposed to me over dinner at Le Fontainebleau at the Westgate Hotel. Alas, we have no photos from that weekend. I'm still bummed over that - three years later.

Anyway, I can't believe it's been three years! I feel as if so many life-changing events (a few bad, mostly good) have happened since that day. I'm especially grateful that we got to mark this year's E-Anniversary by preparing to welcome Baby Girl into our world.

Today, we celebrated by participating in a Labor & Delivery tour at General Hospital (not it's real name, of course) to get acquainted with L&D protocol and Baby Girl's temporary first digs.
Overall, the presentation/tour was very informative and enlightening... albeit looong due to some overbearing parents-to-be who either thought the presentation was a personal consultation with their Midwife/OB or hadn't read a sentence, let alone a chapter, on L&D.
(e.g. "I don't want a pelvic exam once I get to the hospital. Is this ok?" Uuum, how the heck is the medical staff supposed to know how much dilated you are if they can't take a peak up there?!! - OR - "Where is the epidural or spinal anesthesia administered?" well, you just answered your own question." Steve and I were a bit annoyed at this line of Q & A because, of course, all our questions were sensible and well thought-out;;)

Fortunately, the L&D and Recovery rooms are all fairly new (built three years ago) and private, with cable TV. So Steve will be able to bond/sleep near Baby Girl and me on the adjoining sofa bed without having to worry about another Dad behind the curtain. Now, all that he requests is an XBox 360 hookup to the TV;p

Here are some photos that we took from the tour:


Facade & Lobby:

Where it all goes down, literally & figuratively, speaking....
Labor & Delivery Room




Recovery Room



Baby Incubator in the Recovery Room


Three years to the day that Steve & I decided to become a family, we prepare to welcome an addition to our family. I can't think of a better E-Anniversary present!

No comments: