Saturday, August 13, 2005

He Proposed!


After a courtship of two years and 3mos, Steve proposed on Saturday, August 13 in San Diego. I had just arrived back from a business trip the night before; and was extremely tired. I had been traveling cross-country for the last several months non-stop; so I was looking forward to relaxing at home for a few days.
But the very next day, Steve surprised me by asking me to pack an overnight bag and ushered me to his car for the 2.5hr trip from LA to San Diego.
Apparently, he had booked a weekend “Le Romantique Spa Package” at the elegant Westgate Hotel near the Gaslamp Quarter. Champagne , chocolate covered strawberries, two dozen long stemmed red roses, and rose petals awaited as we entered the suite.

Although he wanted it to be a surprise, Steve couldn’t pull a “fast one” over me. While Steve was talking with the concierge, I snuck in a call to one of my best friends, Vanessa, to tell her- “Hey V, I think Steve’s going to propose tonight!” Needless to say, I was right!!!
Steve proposed over dessert at Le Fontainebleau. The head waiter brought out a huge tray of "desserts." When he took the cover off, the red ring box was nestled amongst red & white rose buds. Steve then got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. At that point, everybody in the restaurant started clapping; and the band began to play the Bridal March. Evidently, the entire restaurant was in on the surprise.

Funny thing, though, Steve says I didn't give him an answer right away. Rather, I held out my ring finger for him to slip on the ring. Oops... talk about "getting caught up in the moment."
p.s.
Too bad we forgot our camera :(

No comments: