Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Long Weekend Recap

Unlike previous 4th of July holidays, we spent the 4th close to home this year. With Mom & Dad H visiting us from Florida and gas prices soaring to stratospheric levels, we decided to stick it out in the 100+ degree in our little So Cal enclave.

Here's a recap of our weekend:

Friday the 4th:

Happy Independence Day, America! Being a self-professed US history buff, I especially love this holiday for all that it signifies - patriotism, idealism, optimism, bravery, courage, et al. I was very fortunate three years ago when I got to celebrate the 4th in our Nation's capital- amidst all the monuments honoring our heroes past & present.

This year, Mom & Dad H, Steve, and I decided to do something a bit more low-key than fireworks at the Capital Mall. After having dinner at Maggiano's, we hit up our neighborhood park and witnessed an impressive display of fireworks.

Here are some pictures from that night:





Saturday, the 5th:

On Saturday, I went to Jen's & B's for a BBQ/pool party to celebrate Joren's one year birthday (July 1). Happy birthday to the cute little toddler! (Are they considered toddlers at this stage or babies still?!)

As usual, Jen knows how to throw a good partaay- even if they are kiddie ones;) Yuuummy food, "open bar" (<-- not that I partook in this), and the right venue (a la pool/jacuzzi).





Sunday, the 6th:

I went and hung out with Evan today. What's a Sunday afternoon without getting a big hug and wet kiss from my favorite nephew & Godson?!

Latest tidbit: He's crawlin! Sooo cute! Here are some photos & a video-


1 comment:

Jen (Dimplz) said...

Now..did you really, really have to put a pic up of me? It's all about the birthday boy, not me!! lol...Hmphhh, my husband!!! Because of his "wishes", Joren's face is partially blocked out...why couldn't you have blocked out mine..or my whole body for that matter...I wouldn't mind being a solid-mass-of-black on your blog....lol! Thank You for coming to the party by the way...too bad we couldn't partake in the open bar!! At least you have a good excuse! I was so busy running around I kept losing any drink I held! Oh well, we have to make up for it...when the time's right of course...let's say in like, oh,..you know..two or three years, when you "maybe" get 1% of some personal freedom back..kidding!! *insert wink, wink here*