Once my number was called (figuratively speaking, of course), the nurse proceeded to record my weight and take my blood pressure (both of which she said were fine). Once in the examination room, she measured my rapidly burgeoning belly with a tape measure; listened to the baby’s heartbeat (strong! yahay); and gave me an “A-OK, your baby is growing as we would like to see.”
Dr. P soon arrived. He felt around my abdomen and pelvic area with his hands – not sure if it’s to determine the baby’s position. He seemed to be in a rush, as I think he’s going on vacation Wednesday. But he also gave me the “Everything’s fine. Baby’s fine.”
I mustered enough courage to ask him how much weight I had gained since my last appointment 2.5 weeks ago. gulp. 4 lbs! He reassured me that the pounds were "all baby" and that the rapid weight gain was due to her "rapid growth spurt." I sure hope he's right. I had read that starting in the second trimester, pregnant women should gain one pound per week, but from the sounds of it, I ate double that amount. Boo. I've certainly regained my appetite lately, but I didn't think I was eating more than normal. Apparently, I have... either that, or my metabolism just quit working in the last two weeks ;o
See for yourselves.... here's my Belly Shot of the Week.

Okay, enough sulking about the inevitable weight gain ....
My next OB appointment is on August 20, which is the same day as my perinatologist appointment. I'm glad it worked out this way, because then I can take whatever Dr. Redenbacher tells us in the morning and get it "interpreted" by Dr. P in the afternoon. More exciting stuff to come....


No comments:
Post a Comment