Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sundays with My Aunts

As some of you who know me in real life (and those who read my previous posts about Cancer) know, my Auntie (Tita) Emer has been valiantly fighting Ovarian Cancer for the last 15mos. I don't write about it alot here because she sometimes reads this blog and I don't want her to know how much I/we are very frightened/depressed/angry/frustrated about the situation. Moreover, she is never very far from my thoughts.

In any case, since moving to our house last month, it's become a little harder to visit her on weeknights, since I take public transportation. Thus, I try to visit on weekends. This past Sunday, I made sure I was there for when Evan came to visit since I haven't seen him since our house blessing on Feb 2. Evan is such our little blessing! Just the mere mention of his name lights up Tita Emer's face with joy and affection.

Tita Pat, who is here from Germany graciously caring for Tita Emer, was equally excited to see Evan. He was a little sleepy and a little grumpy, and also super hungry! The kid drank three bottles in a 1hr time frame!!! Not surprisingly, in between feedings, he watched FoodNetwork with us. His Mom tells us that besides football, the Food Network is his choice of television;) Go figure.




Obviously, something on Giada's show caught his attention and whetted his appetite



aaah, what a life.... watch TV, eat, and sleep! nice!

No comments: