Monday, February 18, 2008

Chores and More Chores

Thank you, Abe & George, for having been great Presidents to our fledgling country; and for now indirectly being the source of a three day weekend. Well, three day weekend for government offices, banks, and some companies in the private sector (Steve's, but not mine).
In any case, our three day weekend consisted of alot of chores... more unpacking, shopping for house stuff, and gardening. Oh, and the Salvation Army came by yesterday to pick up more of our haven't-used-in-ages stuff, which you'd think we wouldn't have alot of anymore since we've moved 2x in the last six months. But we always seem to have stuff we'd like to give away.

Anyway, today, we hit Home Depot, Home Goods, and OSH. From Home Goods, we got a circular bathroom vanity mirror and some entryway rugs. We used a 20% "mover" coupon, which made our purchases even sweeter! For those of you looking for any type of mirror (or other houseware), I highly recommend discount stores, such as Home Goods, Ross, or Marshalls. The mirror we had been eyeing at Home Depot was $108, while the mirror we ended up with cost $49.99. Score!!!

We got some gardening stuff (e.g. weed whacker, garden hose, fertilizer, shovels, hoe, and kneeling pad) from OSH. We found OSH to be cheaper than Home Depot, so we've been going there for all hardware and gardening needs.

Since it was such a gorgeous day today, we decided to do some yardwork. Enter BAD allergies that even Allegra and Nasonex couldn't alleviate. After weeding the front lawn, I was like a faucet (yuck!)- so much so that Steve teasingly said that my allergies could be my "freepass" for never doing yardwork again. hehehe. To be honest, I actually enjoyed gardening. I never fancied it growing up when my parents would put my brother and me to work in the yard. But now, I actually find it relaxing. gasp. Wonders never cease when you're a homeowner.

Here's us weeding the front yard. The backyard, which will require more effort, will have to wait until next week.



Some aftershots:



We concluded our three day weekend by having a laid back dinner at Soups Sports Grill, which according to a Yelp reviewer, is owned by Jeff Suppan- who judging from all the St Louis Cardinal baseball paraphernelia, was (is?) a STL player. Steve & I didn't recognize his name, but then again, we're not big baseball fans.

Check out the middle photo. If you look closely, you'll see that the bar's background is actually made up of baseballs. I didn't notice this, but Steve picked up on it from across the room. Credit his ever-vigilant artist's eye.

No comments: