Saturday, January 5, 2008

Storm Watch So Cal-Style

aaargh....

Barely home for .5hr, and I hear drip, drip, drip coming from a vent near my computer. I walk over to that location and hold my hand up only to feel the waterdrops from the ceiling. I proceed to put our cooler beneath the vent and disconnect my CPU and move it away from near-disaster.

Soon after Steve arrived home from an evening appointment with the contractors, he noticed yet another drip "site." Case in point: My "gently-used" Photoshop book was drenched.
We placed a second bucket where my computer once resided. whew!!! Thank goodness I had recently backed up my files with my handy little Western Digital Passport portable hard drive.

I called the property management office of our building; and shortly after, the landlord came down to inspect the damage. This is what he saw:



He reassured us that they were doing all they could to stem the dripping- even though they knew about the potential leaks a while ago. Helpless and hungry, Steve and I went to dinner to take the edge off of an already very stressful and hectic week.

When we got back at 10:30 pm, we both noticed that the dripping had intensified. And now, a third drip site - this time along the chandelier - manifested itself. Worried that this would cause wiring & possibly fire issues, we called the landlord again. They came over promptly and helped us remove a few of our moving boxes from beneath that side of the room. Too bad they weren't there while we were moving our treadmill;))


Yah, it was a pain. And yah, it would've been nice to have had this happen after we moved out of the place; but at least it wasn't the house (knock on wood!).