Monday, January 25, 2010

A Birthday and a First

January 20th is Mom's birthday. But since it landed on a Wednesday, Mom thought it best to have her celebratory dinner the following Sunday.



As always, the kids provided the entertainment





as well as some assistance opening presents



As for the "first" in the blog title, it's this.... (drum roll, please)

Lexie's first HAIRCUT



No, it wasn't planned, but yes, I am pleased with the results

Here's how it went down:
While I was at Church, Lexie's Daddy got scissor happy and decided to trim her bangs with these.

And here's his handiwork.



The longer I gazed at my newly shorn baby, the more I laughed in horror because this is what I was picturing. Yes, a mullet.

Anyway, upon seeing her, I issued an SOS to Cindi to rectify - Please! - this situation. Stat.

Whereupon this took place:



Lexie sat long enough - with enough distractions- for Cindi to work her magic



Despite her initial protestations, once her Auntie Cindi was done, Lexie was back to doing what she does best... making a mess playing.



and more playing much to every one's delight



Happy birthday, Mom! May you have many more happy & healthy ones to come. Love you.

No comments: