Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm Back... And This is How I Spent

the last few precious weeks of Maternity Leave.... with this Angel:

I know it’s been a while since I posted anything substantive (i.e. photos!). What can I say?! It had been a hectic February and March. My return date to work (March 16) was quickly approaching; so I wanted to savor as much “Mommy & Me” time with Lexie as I could get. As it was, I was already experiencing some major Lexie-withdrawal.

So how did we spend some QT (quality time) together? Besides the more mundane jaunts to Babies R’ Us, Target, and various retailers, we took field trips to some beautiful gardens, a horse track for Dad's B-Day, a museum, Lincoln exhibit, a Citywalk, and Steve’s workplace.

Lexie’s been such a delight as she takes in and enjoys more and more of the sights and sounds of the world. She’s such a curious and inquisitive baby that she gets bored sitting at home (uh-oh, this doesn’t bode well for when she starts becoming more mobile.)

Anyway, here is how we occupied some of the time before I went back to work:

Spending time with Cousin Evan and Lolo and Lola:




Checking out the Japanese Friendship Garden at Balboa Park:



Helping to celebrate Dad's B-day at the Track:



Taking in the frenzy of a "City" plaza:



Giving praise and thanks to the Lord:



Delighting in the artistic, historic, and botanical treasure troves at the Huntington:




Nurturing friendships:


Dropping in on our favorite Effects Artist at work:

No comments: