Monday, March 30, 2009

The Broken Chain

March 24 marks the one year anniversary that the Lord called Tita Emer home. To commemorate this, Dad and Mom had a prayer gathering at their house and invited Tita Emer's friends, as well as family friends.

It's hard to believe that a year has already elapsed. I still recall every little detail from that dark period. It was Easter Sunday; and she was looking forward to coming home from the hospital that day. She was getting weaker, but her spirit was as strong as ever.

I still remember that last night at the hospital as if it was just yesterday. I remember how much I was looking forward to showing her the results of the ultrasound that we were going to have later that day. Except, she passed in the early morning of the 24th (e.g. 3:45am); and I didn't have the ultrasound until about 13 hours later.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. Not a day goes by that I don't wonder how life would be so different had she never gotten sick. Not a day goes by that I don't wish that Lexie got to meet her even once.

A family friend sent this to Dad last year at the eve of Tita Emer's funeral. It sums up exactly how our family felt- feels- at losing her.

The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that
God was going to call your name.
In life
we loved you dearly,
in death
we do the same.

It broke our hearts to lose
you, you did not go
alone; for part of us went with
you, the day God
called you home.

You left us peaceful
memories, your
love is still our guide; and though we
cannot see you,
you are always at
our side.

Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the
same, but as God calls
us one by one
the
chain will link again.

No comments: