Tuesday, November 11, 2008

World, Say "Hello" to Alexandria

Well, I'm sure this is all old news to most of you; but Steve & I wanted to announce "officially" the birth of our beautiful, healthy, and happy baby girl, Alexandria + (my maiden name) + (our family name). We call her "Lexie" for short.

Lexie was born via C-section at 8:10a.m. on Tuesday, November 4 (Election Day for all you historical & policitical pundits). She weighed 6lbs 13oz and measured 19.5inches long.

We cannot even begin to describe the range of emotions we are feeling. But here are just a words to illustrate how we feel - overwhelming love, joy, pride, amazement, sleep deprivation, exhaustion.

When I have a lot more time, I'm going to write a diary of sorts documenting last week's momentous goings-on. I want to try to remember every second of every day for posterity. It's only been one week since Lexie was born; and yet, it already feels like forever ago. I don't want to forget anything.

Okay, enough blarney. Here's some photos of our gorgeous little girl:

Alexandria immediately after birth




Alexandria's Super-Proud Parents


Her Excited Grandparents, Uncle, Aunt, & Cousin

1 comment:

sherthebear said...

welcome Lexie!! Congrats!