Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Home Alone Pt 1

Yesterday marked the first day that Lexie & I were home alone for an extended period of time. Admittedly, I was nervous at being solely responsible for all her needs throughout the day. Namely, what would I do when she cries inconsolably and for big chunks of time - as she is wont to do. One thing I've learned since November 4 is that good parenting is a full-time job... and then some.

Anyway, she did test my faculties, as expected. After napping in the morning, then waking for her lunch hour, she began crying non-stop. After yet another feeding, burping, cuddling, playing, she still remained petulant. My solution? A time-out on her swing. Guess what? It worked! She calmed down and even fell asleep to the sounds of ocean waves and rocking from side to side. Whew!

Her crying fit started up again when she awoke in the evening. But by then, Steve was home; so he got to partake in helping calm her down;> She didn't particularly care for the sponge bath that we gave her (she poo'd twice during it); but she did seem to relish being clean, then swaddled, and finally being made comfortable on her beanbag while listening to white noise/ocean waves. Aaaah, quiet.

Nonetheless, yesterday, wasn't all crying fits. Lexie & I had some good ol' quality Mommy & me time. Check out the cute and -calm - little munchkin:

Chillaxin':


Tummy Time:


Check out this Swinger:

No comments: