It's hard to believe that seven months have elapsed since God called her Home to Heaven. There is not a single day that goes by that we don't think about her or miss her tremendously. No family occasion or gathering has been the same since she left. And in light of Lexie's imminent arrival, I miss Tita Emer even more. She would have been soooo excited to meet her great-niece. (She always felt that my first child would be a girl.) She told Mom and me before she passed that it was one of her last dreams to live long enough to see Evan and Lexie playing and running around her house. At 55yo, talking about living long enough to see something as "everyday" as children playing is just so incomprehensible.
I feel so much sadness that Evan and Lexie will not have the opportunity to know and love their Great-Aunt firsthand like Kuya and I had. I still feel robbed at the number of years that were taken from her and us. Sometimes, I think her passing is so unfathomable that she's still somehow here, somewhere. But then,a birthday passes, or a baptism, or a birth - events she would never have missed- and it comes home to me yet again that she really is gone forever. Reality bites.
The following photos were taken last year during her 55th birthday. At that point in her fight against ovarian cancer, we would never have imagined that she only had five months left.
Happy birthday, Tita Emer! We love you and we miss you so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment