Wednesday, May 21, 2008

HUGE Announcement

It's been a while since I've last posted (lots of stuff to post, but alas, no time). Between Steve and me, we've been so busy and tired from work, with the house, LIFE in general, and because of this:
WEEK 7

WEEK 11


Yep, we're going to be parents! Expected due date is November 9, 2008. We don't know the baby's gender yet, but if all goes well, we hope to know by mid-June. So stay tuned!

So for those of you who weren't in on this possibly worst-kept secret (seriously, it seemed like everyone knew by the seventh week!), I'm now in my 15th week. Second trimester, yahaay! Still feeling bouts of major exhaustion, some dizziness, definitely "pregnesia" (thanks to Jen for coining this term for the "pregnant brain."

Oh, and as for food cravings, I don't have any- at least none that's so overwhelming. I have noticed that I get alot more cravings for Asian food, especially Filipino food. A family friend said that this is normal as you tend to crave your "comfort foods" when pregnant. Ok, I'll buy that excuse;;)
As for weight gain, I haven't really gained anything. Our obstetrician said I lost one pound since my last appt four weeks ago, but that was probably water weight as it had been unbearably hot here lately. But... I am noticing that my clothes are getting tight, especially around the chest and hips area, which of course, are to be expected.

I can go on and on about this. I feel like this pent-up genie in a bottle, who is just bursting to talk all things baby. Alas, I've got to run. Still need to pack for our "babymoon" to Kauai, which we're leaving for today. Yipppeeee!

More to say next week when we get back!

1 comment:

sherthebear said...

what wonderful news!! congratulations