Since I've been the sickster the last few days, I figured now is an excellent time to catch up on blogging- OJ and Kleenex in one hand, the other on the keyboard.Well, Moving Day actually went off without a hitch. Why the surprise? Well, considering that I had to find a third mover after the first one flaked (or was rather non-responsive); and the second one became unavailable in a matter of five minutes (seriously, I'm convinced it was the darn receptionist's fault- she chatted my ear off to the point where our time slot got taken after she read the last disclaimer).
So I scoured Craigs List again- rather hesitantly- since I found the first movers off of Craigs List and thus was not too sure about the quality or reliability of companies on there.
Well, I didn't have too many choices left; so I contacted a company, L.A. Transport & Moving Services I had previously called off of CG. With baited breath and fingers crossed, I hoped they would show up the next day. Otherwise, we actually considered hiring from the "skilled workers" section at Home Depot.
In any case, LA Transport showed up promptly at 9a.m. the next day. Time to exhale! We were actually quite impressed because they worked alot faster than the other movers we had hired six months back. They didn't complain about the sheer number of stuff that we own, nor the heaviness of some of the bigger furniture. For those who are looking for movers, here's what we paid:
$85/hr for three men
$25 for gas
All materials included, including garment boxes
So here are some photos of the Big Move:
Old Apt -





New Home-






No comments:
Post a Comment